Logistics for the MSME sector
Due to the geographical spread MSMEs are typically impacted by the lack of first and last mile connectivity. Further, given their scale of operations, they do not always have access to the best rates for availing logistics services, affecting their cost competitiveness. The unorganised and informal nature of the operations of logistics services providers affect the quality and cost of services delivered.
Following are the major interventions planned-
- Developing a logistics IT platform to function as a single window for EXIM certifications.
- Identifying common logistics-related facilities
- Forging innovative partnerships for last-mile delivery for MSMEs as users
- Convert each District of the country into an Export Hub by addressing bottlenecks for exporting identified products
- Promoting start-ups and innovation ecosystem