One of the main aims of the government of India is to double the agricultural income of farmers through integrated development of agriculture and allied sectors. The Logistics Division will work with the concerned user ministries of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Food Processing and Industries and Transport to ensure convergence of applicable schemes and programmes that support logistics functions. Few of the interventions which are planned are as follow-
- Integrated planning of agricultural hubs and handling facility with adjoining railway Sidings.
- Development of modern aggregation centres/pack houses at strategic locations.
- Temperature-controlled preconditioning centres for perishables.
- In lines with One District One Produce under “Atma Nirbhar Bharat”, Logistics plans to be created for the districts to map the current infrastructure along with the gaps towards promotion of Districts as Export Hubs
- Enhanced participation of start-ups and innovation ecosystems.
- Exploration of innovative development and funding models for development of air and rail linked terminals.
- Promotion of silo-based, compact, vertical storage of bulk grains, pulses and cereals to facilitate expanded storage without need for more land.